Precise truncating of ground tungsten electrode tips
Separate module designed for Ultima-TIG, Ultima-TIG-S and Ultima-TIG-Cut
New Truncator module
Our new Truncator is a separate module, designed and engineered for truncating of ground tungsten electrodes for TIG welding. The new Truncator module can be mounted on our well-known Ultima-TIG and Ultima-TIG-Cut grinders. Besides we offer a special version for Ultima-TIG-S.
Easy to use
1. Grind an electrode tip on your Ultima-TIG.
2. Loosen the electrode from the electrode holder and secure it in the adjustment for the Truncator
3. Insert the electrode holder in the Truncator.
4. With the grinder switched on, press the electrode holder in to truncate the electrode tip.
5. Switch off the grinder and remove the electrode from the electrode holder.
The size of the truncated tip can easily be adjusted to any desired diameter.
Special double module with two positions is available, if there is a need for two different electrode tips.
The Truncator also works with AutoGrind Digital mounted on the Ultima-TIG.
For better welding results
There are mainly two reasons to truncate the tip of the freshly ground electrode.
1) In high-current applications, the truncated geometry eliminates the risk of melting off the tip into the weld pool, causing contamination.
2) In AC applications, the truncated geometry reduces the risk of obtaining an excessive ball at the tip. Knowing that an excessive ball causes an unstable arc and might fall and contaminate the weld.
Main features of new Truncator module
- Precise truncation of tungsten electrodes
- Various positions on the grinding disc
- Eliminates the risk of melting off the tip into the weld pool, causing contamination
- Ideal for AC welding where it reduces the risk of obtaining an excessive ball at the tip
The Truncator module includes
- Truncator module
- Grinding disc for truncating
- Grinder mounting screws (for mounting on the grinder)
For mounting on older versions of Ultima- TIG/-S/-Cut (serial no starting with 2036 or lower) you need two extra holes on the front of the grinding module. A toolset with drill and thread tap or a new grinding console can be ordered with the following item numbers:
|Toolset with drill and tap||75523030|
|Grinding console complete||75523020|
|Grinder Model||Truncator||Item no|